Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Weird Al: Dare To Be Stupid for Gallery1988




After sitting on this piece for a while now, here it is! my tribute to Weird Al: Dare To Be Stupid.

Part of a print set commissioned by Gallery1988 for Funny Or Die's "Is This Thing On? 2" this piece pays homage to Weird Al and his album "Dare To Be Stupid". Weird Al is officially hosting the show, so naturally the gallery thought a tribute print set was in order. Initially I wanted to try out a piece for Amish Paradise as it was one of the first cassette tapes I owned as a kid, but after doing some research and watching the music video for Dare To Be Stupid, it was a no-brainer.

Here are the print specs:
5 colors on French Limeade 100# Paper
18" by 24"
Edition of 200, with 151-200 hand numbered and signed by me
Printed by The Half And Half

The first 150 in the edition are available through Gallery 1988 opening night March 9th, and online March 10. I will be selling my artist copies (the signed copies) sometime later this month.

It was an honor to participate alongside such a great lineup of poster artists, including DKNG, Todd Slater, Phantom City Creative and Alex Pardee. Below are a few of the other prints in the series, but be sure to check out the whole thing on Gallery 1988's tumblr.



1 comment:

  1. Oh dude, that's awesome! For some reason I've been listening to a lot of Weird Al over the past couple of days - mostly finding songs on the internet from the cassette albums I no longer have the hardware to play hahaha. Great work!

    ReplyDelete